Water Fall Out West …

Water Falls_8x10_RTP

I do not know anything about the location of this water fall, other than I am pretty sure that it is in one of the National Parks out west.  Which one I do not know.  I have come across this negative years before and thought nothing of it, but after I scanned it I thought that someone out there might recognize it and let me know where it is located.  This image was made back in the late 1940’s and so I am sure that it looks a lot different today.  Thanks for looking … Frank

July 3, 2014 at 12:37 pm

1. Tower Fall in Yellowstone.

Mark Griffin

July 9, 2014 at 9:02 am

• Thanks Mark … I have never been to Yellowstone, but plan to go in the next few years. My wife and I drove out to Arizona ten years ago and stopped in several parks. Thanks for identifying Tower Fall and please check back … Frank

July 9, 2014 at 4:32 pm

• I hope you do. It is a wonderful place. Thank you for sharing the photos. We do not live in Pensacola any more so it is fun to see them. Your father took a photo of my wife and her sister that appeared in the Escambia High yearbook for many years in the mid ’70s. – Mark

Mark Griffin

July 10, 2014 at 7:51 pm

• Thanks for writing, Mark. We used to photograph six or seven girl’s clubs from Escambia High School in the 1970’s until the mid-1980’s, then everything changed, but that is another story. We did not make a lot of money off of the clubs … we would get weddings, family groups, engagements, etc, etc later on, which worked out good for us. I got many weddings from Myrtle Grove Methodist and Baptist Churches along with Little Flower because of the girl’s clubs. I can remember my father buying ads in the ” Rebel ” yearbook and most featured girl’s from those clubs that we photographed. Thanks again and please check back and let me hear from you again … Frank

July 11, 2014 at 4:15 pm

• Thanks again Frank! My wife and her twin sister were in one of the ads for your studio in the EHS yearbook – 74 and/or 75. They look alike but one is taller and blond. My wife has black hair and is 5’2″. Again, we really enjoy the photos you are sharing. – Mark

Mark Griffin

July 13, 2014 at 11:29 am

• I remember an ” Archer ” family that I believe were in several of my father’s ads. I graduated from PJC in 1974 and that is about when I started working with my father while I attended UWF. I graduated from UWF in 1977 and started working with my father full-time then. I figured that I would give it five years and almost forty years later I am still at it. I moved home in May of 1998 from 12th Avenue to my house in Milton where we live. We rented that building on Twelfth Avenue for fifty years to the month. Thanks again for writing and please check back … Frank

July 13, 2014 at 11:54 am