Hygeia Bottling Works in Pensacola …

This was the first Coca-Cola Bottling plant in Pensacola … I posted a view from the road earlier, but I ran across this side view and thought that I would through it up here.  I do not know where this was located, but it is next to some train tracks.  They would be to the left or the back of this building if they were in view.  I think I have a view showing the tracks somewhere, so I will look and see what I can find.  Thanks for looking and as usual, all posts are welcomed …

April 2, 2012 at 9:47 am

1. The Hygeia Bottling Plant located at 1625 North Palafox Street in Pensacola was opened in 1936. It remained open until a newer, bigger building was constructed on Davis Highway in the 1970s.

Stephanie

June 7, 2013 at 11:42 am

• Thanks for the comment on the date. I do not know the history of the building on Palafox and I do not have any idea of where this location is. It is obviously by some railroad tracks in downtown Pensacola for shipping. Maybe someone out there will know and share it with us. Thanks again … Frank

June 7, 2013 at 5:25 pm

2. I have a Coca Cola bottle that was sent to Pensacola on Dec 25, 1923. Some say the plant on Old Palafox Street was open sometime around 1923 or 1924. This was just south of the old Medical Center.

Thomas Majors

August 19, 2012 at 7:08 pm

• Thomas … That is interesting. I wish I knew more about the old Coca-Cola Bottling Plant. I am sure someone out there can fill us in. Thanks for the comment … Frank

August 19, 2012 at 10:02 pm

• I live in Pensacola and am working on learning some more history about the area. I will go out to where I think this is and get some pictures from angles that would match. I know the building is still there because the Probation and Parole office is trying to move into it. I should have an update in the next few days.

Chris Moody

March 8, 2014 at 1:13 pm

• I will be happy to help in any way Chris, but I am a photographer, not a historian. I know enough about research that I can most likely direct you which way to go. You can contact me through this site or through my email, which ever is easiest for you. Keep in touch … Frank

March 12, 2014 at 10:20 am